Sunday, September 15, 2013

LP Study Week 6




Hey guys.  With this long pose I wanted to show how much you can get done without a lot of rendering.  It seems when we do long poses we think of tightly rendered pieces.

This week I'll do a more academic style figure drawing.  It's a little different.














Notice I completely changed the compositition and lighting to be
more interesting.  I want to show you that you should not be at the mercy of your reference or model.  The painting up top could be taken to finish even without the model.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, this is some next level stuff, man! Can you attach the reference so I can see what details you kept and omitted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go. As you can see, I didn't copy the values in the image. I designed my own. The reference is just reference. I wanted a more interesting image than a figure sitting in the center with a blank background.
    Remember to design the space you have. It could be just negative shapes created by shadow, objects in the background, etc. I try and treat these as if I was in workshop and I had a model in front of me.
    Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete